Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well I now know. AF arrived this morning a week late!

It took her 35 days to get here so I am guessing my body was just getting back on track from going off the pill for the first month. Which was a good thing anyway.

So I think I start counting from today as day #1 to get to 14, right? Do we start trying on day 14 or a few days before. Since I don't really know my true cycle lengthy, how long should we try ........ every other day for a week?

thanks

·
Registered
921 Posts
No don't just arbitrarily assume you are going to ovulate on day 14- that can make it takes months of trying to get pregnant (unless you do ovulate on day 14, in which case...)

But the fact that you had a 35 day cycle indicates that you probably ovulated later than day 14 this past month. Also coming off of HBC can cause delayed ovulation.
Instead, read up on fertility awareness and pay attention to your mucus flow. When you go to the bathroom, wipe with TP before and after each time you go and look at the paper... if you notice clear stretchy mucus that looks like raw egg white, or a feeling of lubrication, that would be the time to BD. This mucus flow can start anywhere from 8 days into a cycle to 20+ days into the cycle, depending on when your body is preparing to ovulate.
FWIW I have conceived both of my children at 20+ days into my cycle. At day 14, my body wasn't even thinking about ovulating yet...
take care

1 - 2 of 2 Posts