Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We took our potty over to my mom's for Thanksgiving and left it there. We got back late at night so it wasn't a big deal until this morning. When our 22 month old woke up she kept asking for the potty. We told her we left it and we would go get it today. She held her pee and kept saying she had to poop but wouldn't. She's used to going on her potty. She didn't want to pee outside or in her diaper. Is this normal? We are realizing we need an extra potty on hand if she's that attached to hers.</p>

·
Registered
194 Posts
<p>A second potty is a good idea.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When we had our bathrooms renovated our son refused to use the new toilets for a long time.  I think it is normal for kids to get used to something, whatever they usually do.  Your post reminds me how hard it is for kids who have always been in diapers to adjust to using a toilet/potty for the first time, because they are so used to it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>At some point, I wanted my son to pee into a glass bottle-- I thought it would be easier to close with a lid at the city playground than trying to find an appropriate place to dump out a potty.  But it was so bizarre for him so he refused.  I think with any future kids I'm going to introduce more variety of potty "vessels"  frequently and early to see if that makes a difference with adaptability. </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts