Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi<br><br>
My son is 15 weeks old and in the past couple of days when I go to begin to breastfeed him from the right side he screams and refuses to latch. I can then swap him over to the left and he will settle and commence sucking. I have tried to calm him and continue to try the right but he freaks out.<br>
I can swap breasts mid feed from left to right and he will feed from the right. Is my little one fussy or is there something I am missing? Has anyone had a similar experience?<br>
Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
<p>Yes!  My first son did the same thing around two months.  My husband was the one who noticed it was the right side he was fussing on.  I think he did it because I have a more powerful let down on the right side and he did not like it. I also don't make as much milk on the right.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would lay on the bed and fake him out by latching him onto righty.  I considered letting my right one dry up but evenually got him back on.  Other things to consider are:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Chiroprator - if a baby favors one side sometimes it can be because he does not like turning his head one way. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ear infection/fluid - if it hurts they will not want to lie on that side.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>HTH!</p>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#star8kitten thank you so much.<br>
I will get his ears checked and we see a chiropractor regularly but will book in an extra visit. I will try the feeding lying down more on that side.<br>
Thanks again for your reply good to know he is not the only on. Babies are so tricky. Just wish there was a manual!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts