Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi,</p>
<p><br>
I'm planning a birth with a traditional birth attendant (read: unregistered midwife) and I understand the process for getting this birth registered might be a bit of a pain. Has anyone done this in BC before and have any tips/ideas? I do know what I have to do - get two people to come with me to sign affidavits.  Just wondering if there's anything that might make the process easier?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
<p>Have you gotten the package from vital statistics?  They give you a checklist and all the forms so it's nice and easy. They want to be sure you actually live in BC and had the baby here.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>All you have to do is call vital statistics at their 800 number and ask for an '<em>unattended birth package</em>.'  The person you speak to may not know what you mean, but either way they will take your info and one will be sent to you.  It has the registration forms, the two affidavit forms, a checklist of other things they want, and the instructions.  They need proof of residence in BC (utility bill or something), copies of receipts from buying birth and baby supplies, and if you have it, they want stuff like confirmation of pregnancy from a dr. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>wow, you are awesome! thanks so much!!! i will call today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>don't suppose you have any experience with getting a postpartum rhoGAM shot?</p>

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
<p>Not personally, but a friend did.  She checked the baby's blood type with an eldon card, and since it was + she just went in to the hospital the next day.  Your birth attendant might have some experience with that.   I think there is a thread about it in the UC forum!  There is also a canadian UC yahoo group with some good info.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts