Votes: 9 56.3%
  • They are equally likely to work well

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my wish list, I am going to ask for 2 dozen infant ubcpfs, and 2 dozen EITHER regulars or premiums. Keeping in mind that I can always buy the others later if the ones I choose don't fit, which are MORE LIKELY to be the ones I'll reach for?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hmmmm...it depends! The difference between infant and premiums is pretty big- my ds grew out of his infants and didn't fit into the premiums, yet (they are still a bit bulky on him and he weighs almost 20 lbs), but the regulars fit nice and trimly. Of course, the regulars aren't as absorbent. We can use a premium overnite and regulars during the day. SO I guess what I'm saying is it depends on how heavy of a wetter you have and the build of their little bods.

For what it's worth, I started with only infants and premiums, then filled in with a few regulars when I found out the premiums were bulky. This also was the beginning of my fitteds collection, which also filled in the gap between the two sizes. HTH!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
For C, the regulars have been great! And b/c C is a boy, I can fold the extra down in the front , so he actually gets more absorbancy in his wet zone. I find the premiums to be too bulky when I do the fold-down in the front, so with them I'm more prone to do the fold-down in the back. Which means I actually get more absorbancy where he needs it with the regular PFs.

Is there some reason for the second 2doz you couldn't get 1doz of each? By the time they are getting up in lbs to use these they have often slowed down how often they are getting changed anyway.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
I have a heavy wetter and I went straight into Premiums at about 6-8 weeks.
I fold into quarters bedginning at the short end. That way all that extra padding is right where it's needed.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I said regulars. ITA w/ ZenSizzled. The regulars work great during the day and the fold gives DS the absorbancy right where he needs it
I also find the premiums to be TOO bulky for day use, we use them for nighttime dipes w/ a doubler

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
More layers is better - at least for us.

Ds can go through 16 layers of cotton and 6 layers of hemp fleece in one pee. (newspaper/angel fold with hemp doubler in his wetzone)

We went straight from infants to premiums - I liked having the extra rise to fold down into ds's wet zone. Then he started to grow more, and I don't have that extra absorption anymore.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The premiums were too bulky for the longest time, they are fine now because ds's rise is now longer - he's a long, skinny baby. I would probably go for a few regulars as well as some of the premiums just in case.

Nada

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.