Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate all input.<br><br>
I have a 31 month old little boy (who self-weaned at 19 months) with a heart defect. We just got the word from his cardiologist that he will be going in for his repair around 6 months from now. It occurred to me that it might be beneficial to him if I could relactate and have some EBM to give him before & after the surgery.<br><br>
I was hoping someone here had experience with relactating a year later and if you thought it would be worth it and point me to books or websites that would tell me how.<br><br>
TIA

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Others have relactated after going a long time without nursing. Adoptive moms breastfeed too.<br><br>
Kara

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I think it would definately be worth it and that he is very lucky to have such a thoughtful mama. Check out kellymom.com and the La Leche League website for tips on relactating. I'd say look for adoptive breastfeeding tips.<br><br>
Good luck, hope all goes well for your family!

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I think it couldn't hurt to try. I assume you would use a pump since odds are he doesn't remember how to nurse. I would start pumping and using galactogogue herbs like fenugreek and blessed thistle, eating lots of oatmeal, etc. and see how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts