Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hips hurt during last pregnancy, but nothing like this time around! On Saturday the pain got really unbearable and was in the center of my left butt cheek (sorry no better words to use.) Today the pain feels like it is in my hip socket. I'm limping at times and wincing whenever I move to a new position. I just made an appointment with a chiropractor for Weds., but does anyone have suggestions for relief in the meantime?

TIA

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I had a lot of difficulty with that in both of my pregnancies too. This is what seemed to work for me. I saw my chiro. regurlarly. Also I would get on my hands and knees on the floor, and then lower the front of my body so that my weight was supported on knees and elbows and my face was on the floor....Yes, tushy in the air
I would hold this pose and sway my hips for 5 min at a time. I don't know yoga, but I always called this "downward facing mommy"
Additionally when you are standing for a long time in one spot like doing dishes try having one foot on the ground and one on a low step or phone book. Pillow between legs when sleeping on your side also comes to mind. I found it was much worse when I tried wearing a belly band, (worst purchase I made at motherhood)
Hope this is some help for you. Hang in there

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
The center of your butt cheek is likely your SI (sacro-illiac) joint. Mine are so incredibly painful that walking is almost impossible some days.

My midwife suggested a chiropractor for me.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I can get a bit of relief from a little heat and a massage from DH using pressure points but really the Chiro is the best relief...

I go see mine often right now.... once or twice a week at times... It gets a bit expensive but it is our insurance pays for most of it up to a certain amount...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.