Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got dd's exemption 4 years ago for school and at that time after picking it up at the Health Dept. I had to take it and have it notarized. Not a big deal since it was free but some have to pay to have it done I understand.<br><br>
I went the other day to pick ds's up and was happy to find out that you no longer need it notarized and they have changed the wording and the way it looks as well.<br><br>
Just thought I would put this out there for other who live here.<br><br>
I am on the eastern end by the way near Knoxville.

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Perhaps post in your tribe as well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm in Knoxville too.<br><br>
I'm very interested in this. My oldest is only 3, but I want to get this all taken care of before he starts school.<br><br>
So, you just went to the health department and picked it up?<br><br>
Our "finding your tribe" area is pretty dead for Knoxville folks ...I don't know why, we have a big natural community here, actually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in Rogersville and would like to pick up an exemption for all four of my children ages 8 months - 14 years. I will also be needing one for myself as I will be attending college in the fall.<br><br>
I will go by the Health Department here and see what they have on hand. I am surprised to hear that it was so easy considering all of the crap I got from my pediatrician when I told him I would not be vaccinating and considering the Health Department told my daughter that she could not get WIC unless she got her child vaccinated which is an outright lie.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I live in TN and printed my daughters off of the TN state website.Have any of you looked at it? Heres the link..<br><a href="http://tennessee.gov/education/schoolhealth/healthservices/doc/ReligiousExemptionFormED-5379.pdf" target="_blank">http://tennessee.gov/education/schoo...ormED-5379.pdf</a>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts