Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 17yo has a religious exemption in place for school. Does anyone know if this exemption form also works for vaccine requirements for jobs? The nature of the job is a national wildlife refuge, by the way.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
My 17yo has a religious exemption in place for school. Does anyone know if this exemption form also works for vaccine requirements for jobs? The nature of the job is a national wildlife refuge, by the way.
Summer job?

Where would this be? Country and or state?

Is it a public (funded place) or a private place? National doesn't tell us al that much, sorry!

You might need to given a bit more info so someone can help you better.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I would think that would depend on the laws locally.

My children met NCAA Requirements in college via their exemptions, but I know that some employment environments (like the military) don't have the same rules.

Also, there may potentially be a job requirement where they felt vaccinations were relevant.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Summer job?

Where would this be? Country and or state?

Is it a public (funded place) or a private place? National doesn't tell us al that much, sorry!

You might need to given a bit more info so someone can help you better.
Thanks Serenbat. This is in Iowa, I would assume publicly funded, and yes a summer job. :)

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Thanks Serenbat. This is in Iowa, I would assume publicly funded, and yes a summer job. :)
I don't know your laws in Iowa. If state run/funded, I would apply for it as you would a state exemption. That sound like what you would currently have on file with school.

Federal, I'm not positive.

I would just attach it as you would with your school, make a copy of what you currently have on file.

You may wish to post in your tribe section for someone from your state to help you also.

IMO I find most people are quite clueless and they won't know if it's right or not and by the time it gets up the chain to the correct office, summer is done and so will the job.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know your laws in Iowa. If state run/funded, I would apply for it as you would a state exemption. That sound like what you would currently have on file with school.

Federal, I'm not positive.

I would just attach it as you would with your school, make a copy of what you currently have on file.

You may wish to post in your tribe section for someone from your state to help you also.

IMO I find most people are quite clueless and they won't know if it's right or not and by the time it gets up the chain to the correct office, summer is done and so will the job.
Thanks so much for your input! I really appreciate it. Blessings!

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Thanks so much for your input! I really appreciate it. Blessings!
IF anyone should even think it's not the right paper, ask them what form you should use, that too might take weeks for them to figure out.

Good Luck.

I find most are clueless like I said and don't read forms either. We did local state run things with my one, and most places they looked at them, and in to a folder it went. They want to know known allergies and contact numbers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts