Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what I can take for diarrhea while I'm pregnant? It's been pretty bad for about three days. At first I thought maybe labour was imminent (I'm about 36 weeks), but now I don't think so. I've got an incipient headache, and my body temperature's all out of whack - plus my mom has had some of the same symptoms (we live in the same house). So, I think it's a bug.

Anyway...does anybody have any suggestions on something I could take that might help? This is not helping me cope with the big belly and pressure from the baby!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I've had similar troubles
It's not fun and now I have hemorhoids, too
Just what I want when I'm 38-1/2 weeks pregnant

I've been taking liquid strawberry acidophilus to rebuild my good intestinal flora as mine (I think?) was caused by antibiotics I had to take due to pneumonia I couldn't get better from.

I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I hadn't thought of acidophilus...maybe I'll try that, even though mine certainly isn't an antibiotic induced case. I've just been drinking lots of water, so I don't get too dehydrated.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
homeopathic pulsatilla is good for diarrhea. i also find that eating oatmeal helps a bit. also the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, apples, and toast, and stay away from dairy!

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Try barley water- an ounce of pot barley, the peel and juice of a lemon and quarter of a pint of water. Bring to the boil, simmer for 20 minutes, then strain and drink the liquid. Or else a carrot puree is very effective (we keep carrot puree ice lollies in the freezer, just in case.)

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm...I've been doing the BRAT diet, but hadn't thought of oatmeal, which is odd as I usually eat it quite a lot.

I seem a little better today (and I'm glad - we're going out for dinner for my birthday!). Thanks for the tips, ladies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.