Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS (10 months) has a thick, phlegmy cough.<br>
He seems really uncomfortable.<br>
I've been giving him Boericke & Taffel cold/flu tabs for his cold, but it doesn't seem to be doing much for his cough. I know B & T makes a cough syrup that came highly recommended, but I checked and it has honey in it, and I am guessing that is a no-no since he is under 1... any thoughts or other ideas?<br>
Thanks~

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Sounds like my two grandsons (1 & 3) right now. Coughing and croupy especially at night. They started yesterday afternoon.<br><br>
We made each one a drink (actually a bottle because they take it easier) with natural juice diluted by 1 part in 3 part water <b>1 teaspoon of sodium ascorbate</b> a <b>few drops of GSE</b> and about <b>1/2 dropper of Echinacea liquid</b> in each bottle.<br><br>
They sipped on it all afternoon. At night we made a fresh bottle.<br><br>
Seems to help get them over it already. Although the older one had lost his voice when he woke up with morning but in a few hours he was quite verbal again.<br><br>
Right now they are doing much better than last night at this time. So, it is definitely helping.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a great remedy, thank you! And it does sound like our boys have the same kind of thing. You mean grapefruit seed extract (GSE), right? I am guessing it stays good for a while... I have some I opened almost 1 year ago...<br>
Hope your guys are feeling better soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts