Mothering Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
My wife is experiencing constant nausea. At first we started with the normal suggestions like eating smaller meals, preggie pops, crackers etc.. but she did not experience any relief. We then tried the unisom b6 combo which helped a little but she still felt sick all of the time. After that, our CNM prescribed zofran but that didn't do much either. Currently she is taking Diclegis and it's the only thing that has worked so far. She is able to get out of bed in the morning and hasn't missed anymore work. We had to tell our CNM about the Diclegis as she had never heard of it before. My wife is currently 9 weeks and she has been feeling sick since she was about 6 weeks along. I am hoping and praying the Diclegis continues to help her.

·
Registered
684 Posts
@DarcySD I'm so sorry your lady is having so much trouble. My OB told me about that drug the second I told him I was pregnant - he was so excited that it was cleared for use in the US again, I guess it came back on the market in the end of 2013, after I had my DD. Hope that it continues to help her. Whatever works!!

I had a miracle cure today... miso soup. I woke up feeling yucky as usual. I was going to try the unisom/b6 combo today but decided against it because we cosleep and I'm not comfortable taking a sleeping aid with a young toddler in bed. Around lunchtime my sitter came over and I considered just spending my 'break' laying in bed moaning/reading. I decided to get out of the house, and somehow wound up going to a Japanese restaurant alone. I know, the last thing that sounds good is sushi, but I thought a California roll might be nice, so I got that, plus some miso soup. It was AMAZING. I ate it all and felt better immediately and even went to get my nails done after. I was so shocked at how good I felt - no nausea at all. I got a passion tea lemonade after and that helped too. I was afraid to even say it out loud, I feel good! I sent my DH back up to the Japanese restaurant to get me the same exact meal for dinner and now it is 8pm and I feel fine. Like, legitimately fine. I made my daughter dinner tonight. I have been snacking on cashews for the protein, but I really think the miso soup is a miracle food for me at least. Worth a shot if you are desperate!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm usually not into taking meds if I don't have to but I am thinking of asking the dr for something this time around. I am nauseous all the time, can barely eat and just feel horrible. My other pregnancies I was able to keep it in check by eating small meals, using preggie pops and having protein on hand. This time nothing is working. I still haven't thrown up but I am only 6w2d and it is already this bad. I don't start feeling better again until wk 14 so there's a long way to go still.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I only had morning sickness with baby #5 and I've got it again this time. I tried Sea Bands last time.

I do not like ginger while not-pregnant and the thought of eating or drinking anything ginger makes me nauseous, so those are all out for me.

This time I decided to experiment with homeopathy. What I have found works best for me is Pulsatilla. Sometimes I use Sepia in the morning when I am super hungry and/or grumpy. Cocculus Indicus is helpful for the bloating and gasiness too. And I found pretty nice success for nausea related to constipation in Calcarea Carbonica.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I picked up some homeopathic remedies at my daughters doctor yesterday, nux vomica and another that I am blanking on the name of - same thing used to make epicac? I'm probably spelling that wrong.

Is anyone feeling any relief yet? I'm 9w2d and have noticed I've been able to think about food a little more the last couple of days. Still feeling nauseous, especially when hungry and at night, but not as constant as a couple of weeks ago. Hoping it is the beginning of the end of this misery!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
9w here and ms has improved. Now mostly just an issue in the evening and can be bad then but better during the day.

Looking forward to warmer weather because I want to walk and hike and be outside.

Now wondering when to tell people, maybe don't want to wait as long as I planned because I want to talk to someone. :)

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I'm glad some of you have found some relief! I had a few days this week that weren't quite as bad, but I'm feeling pretty rough today. I'm 8 weeks today, and hoping the rest of the first tri goes quickly
@xixstar yay for feeling a bit better!! We're telling my in laws today. Not sure if we'll tell extended family yet or wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
My nausea has been really mild this pregnancy, but last time exercise seemed to be the most effective solution. I would get on my bike feeling terrible and after a few minutes I would feel great. I think being outsid e in the fresh cool air helped too!

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
9 weeks and getting worse.
Starts out iffy in mornings.
Do not feel like making food for dinner. Dishes - yak.
Last night was the worst of my pregnant life and this is baby 6.... ginger, gravol, takeout, painkillers. I feel better this morning but - have to work??? Fml

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
That stinks that you're feeling worse @Shiloh dishes and the thought of cooking make me want to puke a lot of the time too.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Woke up this morning and can't keep anything down. And I keep thinking I smell seafood. *gag*

·
Registered
684 Posts
I thought I was turning a corner, made lunch today and promptly threw it all up. This time my poor DD saw me and started crying hysterically when DH removed her from the bathroom, made me feel so bad!
@Shiloh, haahaaa. Morning breath, body odor (I forgot how much you SWEAT when pregnant), it all does it for me. I keep thinking I smell really bad dirty diapers. I had the house cleaned professionally for a V Day gift so I know there isn't lingering cloth diaper mess somewhere!!! Blurgh.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Ughhh. I am so sick to my stomach. I can't tell if it's morning sickness or a stomach bug. I couldn't keep anything at all down yesterday, am still feeling pretty crappy today.

·
Registered
684 Posts
With my DD I used to say it didn't feel like I was growing a baby, it felt like I was growing a stomach virus. Barf

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Hahaha @sarahl918 so true!

I caved and got a Rx for the dissolving zofran tablets. I'm hoping that I won't need them every day

·
Registered
684 Posts
@dahlia810 I hope they help. I got a prescription for Zofran the first time around, but after only taking it twice I abandoned it because (tmi) it gave me constipation so bad I would have rather been nauseous. That said, I wasn't vomiting up everything I ate/drank. I was able to keep most of my food down.

·
Registered
240 Posts
So sorry you ladies are feeling bad:( I feel your pain. week 8 was the worst for me. I am now at 11 weeks and the constant debilitating nausea has been replaced by a much preferred dull nausea that sticks around most of the time. Here is hoping that you start feeling better very very soon. *Hugs*

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have been feeling slightly better the last few days, too. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow so I am really hoping I don't get a reprise of weeks 8-9... I've even been able to cook which my husband is thoroughly enjoying again. :)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
My favorite tummy remedies are: sleepytime tea (celestial seasonings), chicken broth (I recommend Swanson's broth heated up in a mug), and crackers.

I haven't had much nausea this time, however I have had frequent gastritis (inflammation of the stomach) in the past, and the above things I listed were basically my Staples during those times. Luckily all of those are cheap and fairly easy to find. Don't go too cheap on the broth though... the value brands usually made me feel worse.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts