Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please! I am freaking out about even 2 weeks overdue now. Don't get me wrong, I know they come when they come and all...its complicated. I just don't want to go that far again...I know first time is normally the longest, but most 3+week mamas I know tend to still go to at least 42.5 with #2 and more.

Thanks for any experiences you can share!

· Registered
2,318 Posts
DS1 (I know exactly when I had LMP, as I started the day I had knee surgery and based upon that, I know when we had sex that month very much.) Going by LMP he came at 42+5, with DTD around day 14 and 15.

DS2 came at 42 exactly.

DD1 (full term loss with a complication) came at 40+2

DD2 came at 40+6

· Registered
339 Posts
Well, I hate to be negative (and I'm not TRYING to be - just sharing my experience)....but.......here goes.

I have had 4 pregnancies and births.

I went to 2 weeks over with my first.
With my second I was SURE I was going to go early - I just felt like it!
Well, I went at 41 weeks and 2 days.
With my third I was fully 2 weeks again.

My fourth I was committed to just letting my body do what it wanted to do! I went 43 weeks and 4 days. I was not willing to wait any longer. I took castor oil and out she came! ;o) She was 10 pounds. Not doing that again this time. she was perfectly healthy, but no, not again, it was hard, she was heavy and it was hard carrying her around inside of me those last three weeks!

so for me, it is definitely a pattern. I have always had long cycles too, between 37 and 50 days.

How are your cycles? This pregnancy I actually had 4 or 5 "perfect," 28 day cycles before I got pregnant - so I am wondering if it'll impact my delivery time at all. We shall see!!

· Registered
233 Posts
I would say, that if long cycles are not an issue, that going 43 weeks overdue is pretty uncommon. I think that the majority of the time, again if long cycles are NOT the issue, that the baby's position has alot to do with going 3 weeks overdue. (You could also factor in miscalculated due dates, but heck, it should be called a due month and not a due date, right ladies?) I would focus on Optimal Fetal Positioning (OFP) techniques, such as:
-Upright and forward leaning to keep baby in the "hammock"
-Side-lying on the same side as the baby's back but no reclining on mom's backside
-Knees lower than hips when sitting
-Pelvic tilts on hands and knees 3x/day
-Chiropractic care to help balance out the uterine ligaments

Check out www.spinningbabies.com to learn how to belly map your baby's position.

· Registered
774 Posts
Mine have averaged out to about a week late...give or take.

#1 - 9 days after DD
#2 - 6 days after DD
#3 - 13 days after DD
#4 - 7 days after DD
#5 - ?? but it's a boy for the first time and I have seen conflicting studies on whether boys come later or earlier...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.