Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any hope?

This is the second time I have done this. I know not to do snaps when I am sleepy, but I just want the dipe done, so I keep on going. Is there any way to remove them?
Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes, but you will have a hole left.

You are talking about the resin snaps?

I used a metal kebab skewer that we no longer use for food. It may be OK for food, but it was cheap enough that I am not interested in trying it. Anyway, I heated it in the gas flame of my stove and stuck it on the dot that was once the slender post. I found it took a little practice - just the right amount of heat and the right amount of time. Then it just pops off.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
My way is not nearly as nice-sounding at our3boys' ... I just take a hammer to it. Really. I smash it up a few times (of course, I only do this on our concrete floor in the laundry room.. I wouldn't do it anywhere else!) and it will come off... but you will be left with a hole if you're trying to move the snap quite a ways.... that will happen with any poly resin snap holes.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I tired the hammer before (dh is a carpenter so we have an abundance of hammers) and that was a bad experience for me.
I kept betting the dear thing....I mean it was actually hot from the friction and it tore the fabric up. I think I will try the kabob thingie or an ice pic or something. Thanks for the tips!!!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeosMama
Hi Susie, I use a power drill.
You and your power tools.

(good idea, of course!)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by susieinms
I think I will try the kabob thingie or an ice pic or something.
Yes, ice pic - that is what people usually use who do the "heated poker" method. I just did not have an ice pic and did not want to go buy one. It would have taken me 2 hours at the store and cost me $100.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.