Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It'll be 10 years for us this year!!!<br>
I am thinking of suggesting we renew our vows. Anyone done this? How did you do it?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm confused about what the purpose of this is, if you made the original vows, why are they renewed? I hope this doesn't sound critical.<br><br>
I have seen a couple do this on one occasion. They had what looked like a reenactment of their wedding ceremony, (but with just the couple -- no wedding party). It was done on a Sunday and they had asked the minister to make this part of the church service.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I think it's a lovely idea. I never did it, but considered it before. I think it's a nice way just to celebrate your love and include your children in a ceremony in which they can see that their parents love each other so much that they want to do it all over again.

·
Registered
197 Posts
my inlaws did this after 20 years of marriage and it sounded beautiful...they were part of a church so they did it as part of a service...dressed up, walked down the isle, it was really beautiful expression of how much they loved each other...and public statement that love (can) grow so much deeper and stronger after so many years and ppl can still experiience so much bliss with one another<br><br>
i would do this sometime in the future (only been married for 4 years).....because i think expressing your commitment/love/respect/admiration for your life partner publicly is nice and you don't have too many opportunities to do so..i would love the chance to write my vows and include my children...<br><br>
i would have it outside, informal, but very beautiful....have close friends and family there...<br><br>
good luck! sounds wonderful to me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts