Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I are considering moving to Cincinnati temporarily once we sell our house. He travels about every other week for business, and Cincy would put us closer to our family/friends support network for those times while he's away.<br><br>
His family is further up near Hamilton, but we want to live closer to things to do, like children's museums, maybe the zoo, or possibly something like Mt. Airy Forest? (I've never been to Cincy, so these ideas are just from googling.) But basically, I'd like to be closer to AP-type mamas, and some walkable things to do, whether that's cool trails or parks, or shops, library, or museums, etc.<br><br>
Where are some good places to rent that are reasonably priced, and more importantly safe to be with a young daughter, and FUN? Thanks!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hmmm, what is "reasonably priced" to you?<br><br>
We like East Walnut Hills and Oakley a lot. It's a quick drive from EWH to the zoo, Children's Museum (our favorite!) and the Aquarium. Tack on about 5-8 more minutes to these places from Oakley. Oakley Square has an independent bookstore with fun activities for kids, as well as a little toystore, locally owned ice cream shop, etc.<br><br>
Evanston is near EWH, and it's what I would call a "transitional" neighborhood. You can get a lot for your money, but the areas of Evanston are hit and miss. The closer you can get to EWH in Evanston (they are right next to each other) the safer it is. There is a fabulous park (Owl's Nest) there, and it's a close walk to O'Bryonville, which has fun shops and a lovely bakery. Northside is a really fun neighborhood that attracts more AP-types, but, like Evanston, you need to know where in Northside to live. Some parts are very safe, some are more sketchy.<br><br>
Cincinnati has its downsides, but it is a great place to raise a little kid. The parks and museums are fabulous! Welcome in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts