Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I SWEAR I tried to do a search before asking this. What's the scoop on Rescue Remedy during pregnancy? I've been having some minor anxiety attacks lately (minor, but not fun). Pre-pregnancy, I'd use RR, but I don't want to just start droppering away without finding out if it's safe. It says "consult with your health care provider" or something on the side, but I'm pretty sure my health care provider wouldn't know what's IN rescue remedy, much less if it's safe or not.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My midwife recommends it too. I don't take it very often maybe at most twice a day on a bad day.

·
Registered
889 Posts
RR is indeed safe during pregnancy. I don't take it every day, but it sure does helps me get through times when I feel anxious.

I believe that warning is a standard warning...not only is it safe, but it is very helpful when you are experiencing minor anxiety for whatever reason. I mentioned it to an OB who was at my midwife's practice, and his response was for me to "google it"...he was kind of clueless about RR.

May you have a peaceful pregnancy Mama...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
RR is homeopathic. Homeopathic remedies are safe during pg and also while bf'ing.

IME I've found that if something has the warning to "consult your physician if pg or nursing" then it's usually ok. It's when it explicitly written not to take it that you shouldn't. I mean, even some prenatal vitamins advise to consult.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
yes my naturopath told me RR is fine during pregnancy. I love that stuff- really helps me to let go of anger, anxiety, etc.

·
Registered
580 Posts
blizzardbabe, what's rescue remedy? You mention that you take it for panic attacks. I've suffered from anxiety disorder for a while. though I haven't had any bouts in a while. i did have some panic attacks when ds was born. I'd be interested to learn about it and if it has worked for you.

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by green_momma2007 View Post
blizzardbabe, what's rescue remedy? You mention that you take it for panic attacks. I've suffered from anxiety disorder for a while. though I haven't had any bouts in a while. i did have some panic attacks when ds was born. I'd be interested to learn about it and if it has worked for you.
It's a homeopathic remedy. I haven't found it overly useful when having a full-blown panic attack (which, thankfully, hasn't happened in a while), but if I'm feeling anxious or worried or just a little flustered, it seems to calm me down. It comes in a little dropper bottle, and I just put the four drops under my tongue. I always wonder if it isn't partially the act of droppering it in that helps calm me down... knowing that I'm doing something to help myself might just be what helps. Whatever the cause, though, it seems to help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.