Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone use rescue remedy in labor? And if you did how did it work for you?
I actually thought my labor was not too painful at all. It was VERY INTENSE, im not gonna lie but nothing that I didnt feel I couldnt handle. However I do remember at the end while in transition and pushing stage I kept saying I cant do this. and just felt a little like i was losing control.
Would rescue remedy help that?

· Registered
597 Posts
I have seen Rescue Remedy used on several women in labor. It seems to help. Of course the intensity is still there but the mother's ability to handle it seems to improve.

· Registered
1,876 Posts
That was on my list from my midwife. I did not buy it though, I figured if I didn't use anything last time, why would I need it this time. But, I might end up buying it b/c she said it can help you rest during a long labor. Last time my water broke at 1:30am and contractions did not start until 4:30pm, I didn't get any sleep until 6:30am, and then onl two hours. If my water breaks first with no contractions, I definitely want to get some sleep this time!

· Registered
109 Posts
I was given RR two or three times when I was in labor with my DD. I actually got stuck in transition for HOURS due to a persistent anterior lip of cervix that WOULD NOT MOVE. I actually never got to the point that I thought I would need to transport to the hospital, but everyone else was starting to worry because I hadn't been able to keep any food or fluids down. The RR did really help me keep my head in the game when I had to actually fight my contractions while my cervix did what it needed to. It just took the edge off and kept any pain-panic at bay. I think it's a good thing to have. And look at it this way, if you don't need it in labor you can use it one your kiddos, yourself.....it's good for many other occasions. Hope this helps!!

· Registered
403 Posts
I have been using RR since my son was an infant, he cried a lot and a friend recommended it. When he was older we finally figured out he had sensory issues.

So w 3 and 4 I used occasionally for stress on myself and have been using it this pregnancy as well.

I have had sleep issues and just got RR sleep to try.

I would say definitively great to have on hand for labor and just in general for the whole family.

· Registered
3,140 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Did anyone use rescue remedy in labor? And if you did how did it work for you?
I actually thought my labor was not too painful at all. It was VERY INTENSE, im not gonna lie but nothing that I didnt feel I couldnt handle. However I do remember at the end while in transition and pushing stage I kept saying I cant do this. and just felt a little like i was losing control.
Would rescue remedy help that?

My midwife gave me rescue remedy at the end, and it did calm me down. I think it helped.

Amy

· Registered
3,818 Posts
I bought it b/c I heard good things about it, but I honestly don't remember any change. It could be that it helped, and certainly anything was an option at that point (long labor).

But we keep some in the house regularly now b/c DD loves it.

My thinking...for the price, I would get it and try it. Anything to stop that transfer and promote a peaceful birth experience YK?

· Premium Member
6,441 Posts
it helped me when I was in transition. i was crying and begging for it to be over and was angry that my labor was so long... after the RR I felt tons better. the pain was there as was the frustration but I wasnt a mess.

· Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Not exactly the same, but I used it the next night after I gave birth because I woke up shaking uncontrollably, most likely from retained membrane working it's way out, and after taking it I was totally fine. So I think it's a good thing to have in your arsenal, I use it regularly for everyday stresses as well.

· Registered
2,365 Posts
My MW's assistant offered it to me after DD2's birth. Apparently I was kind of spacey and having a hard time answering questions. Sort of shell-shocked. It helped for sure. Worth a try at least, right?

· Registered
397 Posts
Hmmm...never thought to use it DURING the birth. However, it was the first thing I wanted afterward. I had the spray bottle and just kept spraying myself about every 5 minutes. Don't know that it did much at that point. I might try to have my husband give it to me in transition this time. I do love it for everyday use and just recently got the "sleep" version, which is working miracles on my pregnancy insomnia.

· Registered
1,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SashaBear View Post
What is it? I've never heard of it.
It's a Bach Flower Remedy and good to have in any natural first aide kit to calm and soothe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.