Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a little over a month ago i rescued a lab mix... she's about a year or year and a half. she was very bloated looking, i thought maybe was pregnant, but she still had small nipples. the first week i had her she lost all the bloat and looked ten pounds lighter. i noticed she really liked to eat grass on a daily basis that first week. now last night when i was b aning her i though i felt a tick, low and behold it was a nipple. her nipples are enlarged. i squeezed on praying nothing would come out. well instead of milk it was a clear fluid followed by red tinged fluid. could this be a false pregnancy. i want to spay her but i would feel terrible having puppies culled. if she is pregnant do i still have time to vax her... or do i wait till we have puppies. if she is pregnant how much time do i have left... (i've rescued a small breed dog that was pregnant and there was no doubt that she wasn't. you could see movement and she lost all the hair around her nipples. does this happen with all canine pregnancy) any advice would be greatly appreciated.<br>
p.s. could she just be starting her first heat ....

·
Registered
724 Posts
Don't have any answers, but it sounds like you need a timely answer, so bumping for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts