Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi mamas!

DH is applying for teaching jobs in NC (we live in east TN). Wake County and Durham City schools are looking good to us!

We're in our mid-thirties with a 3 yo dd and 15 mo ds. I'm a SAHM...former biologist with wistful imaginings of obtaining a PhD once the kids are more independent.

So my question is - in that huge area, where would you recommend living? We will be renting for at least 1 year. We hope to homeschool, but would like to consider good school districts just in case we stay at the rental home for a while and don't homeschool.

(If you know the zip code that would help with my research!)

Since we aren't sure where DH would be teaching (assuming he gets a job there!) we aren't limited by job location.

We're very open to both older well-maintained or updated homes as well as newer homes and would be looking in the $700-1000/month range. We like eclectic areas but we've been living in an unsafe area for a while now and are really wanting to find a very safe, unquestionably family-friendly location where we can walk around and feel relatively comfortable!

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
You know what area I like best in Durham for being close to things and walkability is Trinity Park... there are good & bad, but it is going through a great revival right now. Houses are getting rehabbed left and right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.