Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good resource catalogs for unschoolers that have good suggestions for books to have around or science items or things like that? I am trying to build up my knowledge...and our resouces. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Like Kindermama, I love the Fun-Books catalog! They're packed with carefully chose items. This is the goal they describe on their site:

Quote:
To produce life-long learners, we need to show our children that learning is not just something that they get graded on or that only happens during certain hours of the day or certain times of the year. We need to help them hang on to the natural joy of learning that every child is born with, to help them see that learning new things is fun, and to help them realize that learning can take place anywhere and at anytime.

Our family has put together this catalog of books, games and other materials to help you in your efforts to produce life-long learners. Good luck and remember to have FUN!
This isn't an ad <g> - I'm not affiliated in them in any way, but I like to spread the word about good resources. They took over the John Holt Book & Music Store Catalogue years ago, and they provide things that are kid-friendly.

Lillian

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnylady303
What are some good resource catalogs for unschoolers that have good suggestions for books to have around or science items or things like that? I am trying to build up my knowledge...and our resouces. Any suggestions?

My first post ever. My most favorite resource book is by Rebecca Rupp and its called The Complete Home Learning Source Book. It has every topic you can think of and it covers web sites and so much more. Ive been unschooling from the beggining and everytime I get feeling like we need somthing new in our lives, I look at this huge resource book and I always get ideas. Oh, and she even has notes from her journals during her busy years of having her boys home. Really excellent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.