Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to educate my best friend about vaccines. She is in the process of being indoctrinated by her nursing teacher who goes on about the woes of catching "those horrible diseases". Now, I always see good links on here about statistics, but seem to be at a loss today.

She told me about a story her teacher told her about this "poor 20 yo girl" who was unvaccinated and ended up getting polio. The girl had a minor case and was fine, it turns out, so I don't know what kind of "convincing" story that one was to tell. I guess that with 40 years as a nurse, that's the worst case she could come up with.
:

Does anyone know where there are some US charts about the instance of diseases such as polio over a time frame showing when the vaccine was introduced?

Are there any statistics anyone can show me about cases of things like measles and mumps and diptheria, etc. and how many are "dangerous" cases?

What about the WHO data on which people actually get the cases of these illnesses and the links between nutrition and health status?

Any other statistics-of RELIABLE sources, please, especially CDC sources to show her?

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, is there any data on how many vaccinated vs. unvaccinated children get each disease, and the relative % of people in the country who are unvaccinated?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts