Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>With our daughter, now 9, we co-slept. She eventually started sleeping in her own room around age 7. Our son has been sleeping with use since he was born, and my husband has been sleeping on the couch for at least half that time. It isn't comfortable for him, and our couch is all but ruined.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We live in a small, two-bedroom house. Our bedroom fits our queen sized bed and dresser with just enough walking room to get around the bed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The second bedroom has our daughter's twin bed, dresser, toys, and an Arms Reach co-sleeper in it. Putting more furniture into these rooms isn't an option.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, my question is this: How can I create a situation in which my husband is comfortable and baby is close? AND a new couch won't get beat up?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes, I know, I ask the impossible. Just hoping for some sort of compromise for us.</p>

·
Registered
811 Posts
<p>I'm assuming the Arm's reach co-sleeper won't fit in your bedroom at all, since it's already so cramped with the bed and the dresser? And I assume you and your husband and son all don't fit in the bed?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you maybe try to push the bed up against the wall, and see if the co-sleeper will fit next to it then? Downside would be you and your husband would have to get into the bed from the foot/lower side. That might not be tolerable or doable...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>With the info you've given, the only solution I can see that would allow your husband to be closer to you and off the couch would be for him to sleep in your bed. How old is your son? Is it conceivable that he could share a room with his sister for awhile?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Or, you could move the crib/co-sleeper to the living room?</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>I had not thought of moving the bed close to the wall!!!</p>
<p>I'll see what my husband says to that. Really good idea. Thank you!</p>

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>Ok, moved the bed this evening after getting home from work. Can't wait to give this a try. My luck Jack will crawl into bed with us LOL!</p>

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>I'm not willing to say either way just yet. Jack crawled into our bed the first night and woke up wanting to nurse last night. So far so good this evening, but I have not been to bed yet (grading papers).</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts