Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past week I've been spotting every day (I'm 8wks pg). It has me completely freaked out, especially as I had 2 miscarriages at around this point in pg last year. So I've been totally taking it easy. Mostly lying down in fact. But I have no idea how necessary or helpful this is. I actually stayed home from work last weekend (I work playing piano in a restaurant on the weekends).<br><br>
So I'm trying to figure out if I'll go in to work this weekend. We really need the money and I can't believe I'm considering not going, as it's really such an easy job, but I am just SO FREAKED OUT that I don't know what to do.<br><br>
So any thoughts as to how much totally resting helps pg outcome when it's a matter of spotting during the first tri?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I think being sure to not do anything stressful- physcially or emotionally is important- but I'm not so sure that sitting at a piano is that stressful (I can't play).<br><br>
I think it would be more important to contact your dr and see about getting your progesterone levels tested- I had spotting during the first tri- and had low progesterone. Got on progesterone and had no more spotting or problems and I do believe it helped my pregnancy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts