Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOme friends and I are going to OKC for the weekend next month. We need some recommendations for a good place to eat. Preferably pretty affordable. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you like Mexican food, go to Ted's in the Edmond area. It is awesome!

TEDS CAFE ESCONDIDO
6900 N MAY AVE STE 13, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73116
Phone: (405) 848-8337

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
yes, ted's is great! another good mexican food place is chelinos. there's one in brickdown (also a restaurant called abuelos there, expensive though, which is good too) and there's also one in edmond. ted's is my favorite though.

i love the red rock canyon grill too. it would be a good place to go to dinner with friends, but it's kind of pricey...probably a good place to get drinks and a good dinner though, and has a kind of trendy upbeat atmosphere--and i like it, even though i'm not trendy at all, lol. they have good key lime pie. right by the lake, nice atmosphere. pearl's is next door, and it's a great cajun food place. it might be a little pricey though.

chuckhouse: has the best chicken fried steak in the world, according to my hubby, who grew up there.

jack's bbq

dot wo's (sp?) great chinese place.

all these are casual, except the red rock canyon grill, which is business casual.

·
Registered
622 Posts
ARGH. I'm 90 miles from OKC, it's 6 a.m. and I'm craving the bread from Spaghetti Warehouse. :LOL

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mamely, tell me more about dot wo's. We were looking for a good chinese place. Do they have a buffet? All of us LOVE chinese food.

I was thinking about going to Joe's Crab shack, what do ya'll think? We're eating 2 dinners and a lunch. I was leaning towards Joes for one dinner, Ted's for lunch, and Dot Wo's for the other dinner.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
i just checked this thread again...am i too late?

we always get dot wo's take out when we're in town visiting family, i'm not sure if they have a buffet or not. it's pretty yummy though

your plan sounds great!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, we didn't go. I had a miscarriage 5 days before we were supposed to go and so I didn't really feel like it. But dh and I are going at the end of August for my birthday. We both
Chinese, so will most likely check out dot wo's. What do you like there?

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
i am so sorry to hear that

i can't remember what we order there, because whoever we're staying with usually orders a bunch of stuff and we all share, and it's been a while, lol, but i just remember really liking it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts