Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ds is intact. when he was born at home, i had a placental retention and a lot of blood loss so was rushed to emergency. i wasn't able to change his diaper or care for him totally for about three days. my sil and dh did all diaper changes. dh knew not to retract his foreskin. when i changed him i noticed that his foreskin was retracted over the head of his penis and am wondering if that is ever normal. i wasn't able to tell sil not to retract him when cleaning him, so i'm nervous now that she did. when i asked dh, he said that he never noticed her doing this, but wasn't there for ever diaper change. i've had a hard time coming to terms with our separation, so it's taken me this long to begin to question this. is it ever normal, and now that it's said and done, is there anything i need to worry about.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
How old was he when you noticed the foreskin behind the glans?? If this was just after he was born then no that is not normal and it can be very dangerous as well. If the foreskin gets trapped behind the glans it can cause major swelling called paraphimosis. Make sure that his foreskin is over the glans. I think there is a very tiny % of boys who are retractable from birth but that would be less than 1%. I would just ask you sister if she retracted him so that you know for sure.

I see in your siggy he was born in 05' ? if that is the case any damage that it might have caused is healed by now. Just remember to not let him be retracted by anyone from here on out because the more it is done the more damage is done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts