Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK- I don't know where else to ask for this type of information. a google search turned up nothing.

We, as a family, are anti-circ. Even my kids. Esp. my 17 yr old daughter. She has a 25 year old cousin who has a 1 year old son. Despite my daughters loud protests, the baby was circ'd. She hasn't been able to visit much but did get to spend this last weekend w/ them. She was shocked and horrified by the fact that they actually pull back his foreskin at every diaper change to clean. She screamed at her to stop and the cousin said that her ped. told her to do it because he would get an infection otherwise....So my wonderful daughter told her that if her dr. told her that than he is a moron!
I don't believe it is actually the ped. that told her this but a brainless grandmother ( my ex mil). She has lots of backwards ideas. Most of them harmfull to children.
Anyway, my daughter has asked me to print some stuff off of the internet so that she may give it to her cousin. She already thinks my daughter is a freak because she was anti- scheduled c-section ( which the cousin lied about), pro breastfeeding, and anti-vax....as well as anti-circ. The problem I am having is that i can't find retraction of a circumsized penis mentioned anywhere. It's such an insane idea...so i understand why. But I would love to find anything to help this woman stop this barbaric practice on her poor son.

Does anyone here have any links or suggestions?

I would appreciate anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
I have read a time or 2 about pulling back the foreskin remnents I dont remember were it was tho
but I will go look for it. I do know that if they are circed and the foreskin reattaches to the glans it is supposed to be left alone to heal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.