Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My very natural alternative medicine chiro told me the other day not to be surprised if ds weans himself when I get my period back. What!? She said that sometimes your milk will taste different and they won't like it anymore. Although, most kids will just keep on truckin'. Is this really possible? Is this the hidden reason why some mothers say their baby weaned and they don't know why?
: Can this be possible?

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
It's a common time for nursing problems or a strike as often the milk supply takes a dip, but it's silly to assume that babies are designed to wean then. Some women who truly practice ecological breastfeeding get their cycles back as early as 2 or 3 months.

-Angela

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna
Some women who truly practice ecological breastfeeding get their cycles back as early as 2 or 3 months.

I do, and got AF back at 9 weeks PP!
:

I have never noticed a drop in supply for AF...don't worry about it unless you have a problem.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I exclusively breastfeed on demand, except for when I am at work when dd gets bottles of expressed breastmilk. I got AF at 4.5 months. The only problem I had was a supply dip around the time I ovulate (2 weeks prior)- I don't know if the dip is what triggered ovulation or if ovulation triggered the dip. I started using fenugreek and blessed thistle and my supply came back up.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
LOL...My son's nursed through a pregnancy and probably 10 full cycles. So there wasn't any truth to that for him...

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
No weaning here however I can tell that DS is fussier at the breast right before AF and during ovualtion. I am not usre if it tastes differently or a drop in the supply.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I DIDN'T GET MY CYCLES BACk FOR 2-3 YEARS WITH EACH OF MY 4CHILDREN.

So when AF returned they could talk. EACH ONE SAID MY MILK GOT SALTY around my flow and did not like it. They would "wean" aroung my cycle and then nurse regular otherwise, although since they were not infants they weren't nursing alot.

(sorry, kept hitting CAPS LOCK)
~Michelle

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mine returned when my first daughter was only 3 months old! She didn't wean , or did my milk supply dry up!
My second time it was over 14 months till it return but my daughter kept nursing till she was 25 months.
Now with my third daughter it returned when she was just 4 months and I am having no problem nursing her!
The only thing that reduced my milk was when I hit about 6 months pregnant, but in those cases it is still your choice .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.