Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new baby is 6 mon old and I have been really doing great....that is until my cycle returned a month ago. It is a week after my 2nd period and I am having such a hard time. Is is common? I haven't experienced this before. I am soooo emotional, impatient, anxious, overwhelmed and just hopeless. Funny thing is, I am not really sure I have a reason to be.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
It COULD be PPD , and it is almost certainly related to your hormones.

I took medication and went to therapy for 3 years for PPD and related anxiety. I am now realizing, with the help of my therapist who really believes in a hormone connection to depression and anxiety... that a lot of it is hormonal with me.

But you can take the PPD quiz and see how you do. I will tell you that there is no rhyme or reason to it. I had no reason whatsoever (rationally) to be depressed or anxious, but that is the disease. You just feel that way regardless of reason.

My anxiety and depression is WAY worse around ovulation and my period.

·
Registered
6,646 Posts
Over here too. When I ovulate I turn in to the BIGGEST B*TCH. So irritable. Just before my period I am all lovey and huggy.
Go figure. Hormones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.