Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went back to work this week, and I am in such a foul mood now. I love my job, but being away from my baby is making me soooo irritable (not with her!). Like right now, my DH just poured a bowl of cereal and the sound of his crunching and the "tink" of the spoon of th bowl is making me want to scream. Will this anxiety and irritability go away?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well, sure -- it's not like most working mothers spend the rest of their lives terminally pissed off!
It's an adjustment, and just like any other adjustment, it can take its toll. If it continues for months and months I would probably examine whether I had underyling resentment for "having" to go back to work -- you know, like is the thing that's making so irritable a feeling that I shouldn't even have to be working? If there's something underlying it, then that's just something you'll have to work out w/your partner. But yeah, it's probably just adjustment and you'll get over it as you get more into the swing of being back at work. I hope it works out well for you!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Sorry you are feeling this way--it seems totally understandable. I work at home, but have thought about alternative jobs where I'd have to be away from dd. No way!! It would be so hard. I'm sad for all the mamas (and papas) out there that have to work but don't want to because they miss their babes.
My friend in Canada who just had a baby gets a whole year maternity leave!!! Now that's more like it. Hope your feelings go away soon

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Transitions suck... especially when they involve a little one in childcare for the first time. I was SO cranky when I went back to work after staying home for the better part of Trouble's first year. For me, it got much better once we found our new rhythm. Hang in there...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.