Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me with this. Babe is 8 months old, has three lower teeth and is cutting his 4 top teeth (AT THE SAME TIME). Those teeth have just started to break skin. Anyhow, during the day, he feeds about 5 times for less than two minutes. After 11 p.m. or so, he feeds every hour! (We co-sleep.) I am drained, tired and grouchy in the morning. He appears refreshed and chirpy.<br><br>
I have tried to increase the day feedings. He isn't interested.<br><br>
What can I do? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you, as always.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes-ME too!!!!! I would love suggestions!<br><br>
I can say, that my ds at 8 mos did the same thing, and also cut all four top teeth at the same time. We fed every hour as well! I think that the lack of nursing during the day is developmental. That got better for us (he is 10 mos now), but the increase in night nursing hasn't really.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone? Does it stop? My dd is teething and only really nursing about once a day but ALL NIGHT LONG! Just hoping it stops soon bc I'm exhausted.

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
This'll sound odd, but consider a chiropractor. When ours said he could help with making my son feel better (it was specifically for teething!) I was confused and skeptical, but a month later (he was an early, fast teether and more and more teeth just kept coming) I took my son in, and it helped. I was stunned. Other than that... I never had any good ideas, I was just groggy and cranky a lot.

·
Registered
144 Posts
When my daughter starts nursing frequently during the night I find it is connected to my water intake. She doesn't seem satisfied, doesn't swallow much and I get very sore. When she wakes up out of hunger because we have had a busy day and she has forgotten to feed, then she feeds quickly and actively because she is gulping the milk down.<br><br>
Alice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts