Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok y'all I have no clue what is wrong with Miles. Since yesterday he's been doing reverse sneezes very very often, like almost non-stop it seems at times. He's done this in the past on occasion, but nothing like this. He started sometime after his morning meal (he got boneless raw pork and some beef liver). It became more frequent up until mid afternoon when dh finally called me to report the issue. He took him outside to go pee and all that Miles did was dig into the grass with his face like a goat. Now he's always grazed on occasion, but not like this. He was frantic about it and pulling it out by the roots. Shortly thereafter he barfed up a 1 1/2 inch long peice of a bully stick that I had given him the night before. We thought that would be the end of it, but the reverse sneezing continued to become more frequent as the evening went on.

He's been acting fine, went for a 1 hour run with us last night and has been perky. He ate his chicken leg quarter for dinner without event, but continued with his horking noises and frantic grass eating. He even woke me up last night doing it. There has been no more vomiting and his bowels have been normal. I looked in his mouth/throat and couldn't see anything. He's had pink eye since Sunday that we are treating with an antibiotic ointment, but has had no nasal discharge or cough.

This morning he woke up with the reverse sneezing and as soon as I took him out for his morning walk he was being a goat again
I finally got him to walk with me and he peed/pooed normally. He ate his breakfast fine (beef heart, raw egg without shell, and a bit of canned salmon). He seems to have stopped the sneezing and I brought him to daycare at our vets. I really don't want to have to have him seen by the vet if it's nothing, but it is a bit odd KWIM?

All I can think of is that I mowed our lawn on Saturday and he likes to walk with me as I do it. It took about 2 hours and we are in the middle of a serious drought and I kicked up a TON of dirt/dust while mowing. I was having some issues with my throat being scratchy and irritated on Sunday, but his "issues" didn't start until Monday. Do you think that could still be the cause?? I can't think of anything else that would cause his symptoms....what should I do?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Both of those are symptoms of an irritated throat or a piece of grass stuck in his nose or back of his mouth. Neither is an emergency, so I'd see if it goes away on its own; have him seen if it lasts more than another couple of days,

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks for replying. I figured it was a throat thing, but I couldn't understand why. I was getting myself all worked up thinking it was a bone stuck in his throat or a perfed esophagus or a tumor
Honestly, my last Golden died from a nasal tumor and his first symptoms were reverse sneezes...so I'm a little gun shy

Well I haven't gotten any calls from the my daycare/vets so I assume he's doing fine. We'll see how it goes tonight.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.