Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is RF in her Britax Roundabout.
She is 15 mo, 30" and approx 25lbs.
She has never been tethered b/c we drive a '98 Volvo Wagon and the only a place to attach the tether is on the back side of the backseat. I couldn't figure out the over the head tether w/o screwing up the angle of the RFing seat, so, I have not tethered it.
I want to, though, can anyone give me some pointers on how to do this?
Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,526 Posts
Can you go under the seat? OR the versatether can be attatched to the bottom of a seat in front of it.

I know when I was trying to figure out what to do with my RA, someone here gave me a link to a site that shows multiple places to tether a Britax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,556 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't figure out what to tether it to.


There is nothing on the floor that is suitable and the only place on the seat bottom is a bar going across the bottom of the front passenger seat. I guess I can try that.
My neighbor's '93 wagon has something on the floor of the backseat, maybe a luggage tie? Mine has a similar thing, which would be ideal, but the tether latch won't pass through.
I"ll give it a try and snap a photo, and post it, if you don't mind
.
Thanks much all!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dalai_mama
I can't figure out what to tether it to.


There is nothing on the floor that is suitable and the only place on the seat bottom is a bar going across the bottom of the front passenger seat. I guess I can try that.
My neighbor's '93 wagon has something on the floor of the backseat, maybe a luggage tie? Mine has a similar thing, which would be ideal, but the tether latch won't pass through.
I"ll give it a try and snap a photo, and post it, if you don't mind
.
Thanks much all!
dalai_mama, its dark out now, but let me go look tomorrow am where I did it in my car. I don't actually remember off hand where I tethered it and I no longer have a RF seat in there. You need to find a non-moveable part, if you can't, the bar under the seat is acceptable, but no one will be able to move the passenger seat. Also, I believe as your Volvo is a '98 you have WIPS and you can't have the RF seat touching the front seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by uccomama
dalai_mama, its dark out now, but let me go look tomorrow am where I did it in my car. I don't actually remember off hand where I tethered it and I no longer have a RF seat in there. You need to find a non-moveable part, if you can't, the bar under the seat is acceptable, but no one will be able to move the passenger seat. Also, I believe as your Volvo is a '98 you have WIPS and you can't have the RF seat touching the front seats.
That would be fine except for the rare occassions when my Dad visits.
What is WIPS and why can't the seat touch? (Just curious.)
Thanks! You are my car seat guru!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dalai_mama
That would be fine except for the rare occassions when my Dad visits.
What is WIPS and why can't the seat touch? (Just curious.)
Thanks! You are my car seat guru!



WIPS is the Whiplash protection thing that Volvos have. I belive it was introduced from the 1998 model year onward. Check your manual it should say something about that in it. From what I understand, the seat will move in a crash to prevent whiplash, so it can't have anything touching it.

Anyway, I'll post back tomorrow with exact place I tethered my Brirtax Wizard to. Where do you have the seat, outboard passenger, driver or middle position?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,078 Posts
Okay, having had a look, I now remember how I did it! I attached the D-ring to the inside seat track rail. You will be able to do it four or five inches in from the end where it isn't attached to the floor. Pass the webbing under the track and fasten the D-ring through the loop, there is sort of a "post" where the track is attched to the floor, make sure it is around that so it won't interfere with moving the seat back. I hope this made sense, I would have taken a photo but DH's brand new digital camera isn't working, or I maybe I don't know how to work it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, it's taken me awhile to get back here, but I was able to tether the seat to the metal ring on the floor of the car. I need to snap a pic and post. It is off to the side of the carseat, not much, but it is clearly not centered. Does this matter? I didn't tether to the bar under the seat b/c, even if I don't move the seat, it is just not as secure as this metal ring.

And, another ?? am I correct in remembering that straps are at or below shoulders for RF and at or above for FF, or have I got that reversed? Being lazy, my manual is out in the car and its raining
.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top