1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RFK Jr. Blows the Whistle on Diebold
http://www.alternet.org/story/39152

Quote:
On July 13, the Pensacola, Fla.-based law firm of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. filed a "qui tam" lawsuit in U.S. District Court, alleging that Diebold and other electronic voting machine (EVM) companies fraudulently represented to state election boards and the federal government that their products were "unhackable."

Kennedy claims to have witnesses "centrally located, deep within the corporations," who will confirm that company officials withheld their knowledge of problems with accuracy, reliability and security of EVMs in order to procure government contracts. Since going into service, many of these machines have been linked to allegations of election fraud.

Quote:
"The single greatest threat to our democracy is the insecurity of our voting system," warns Kennedy. "Whoever controls the voting machines can control who wins the votes."
Very little mainstream coverage on this issue.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Quote:
The contents of the suit could be under judicial seal for at least 60 days while the U.S. Department of Justice considers whether or not to join the suit. If U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales decides not to join the suit, Levin Papantonio may approach individual state attorneys general. If no one joins, the firm is free to, as Papantonio puts it, "stand in the shoes of the Attorney General and fight on behalf of the taxpayers and the nation."
I think this is great news. I'm an optomist at heart, so I really do want to believe that good can trounce evil & that the laws of this land can stand up to corruption, even at the highest level. I'm sure that the main stream media will ignore the entire proceedings & cover more exciting court cases like Michael Jackson, etc. But I'll be trying to keep up with this. It'd be great if we made this thread a permanent fixture on the front page & added more links & info about vote fraud & vote protection.
~Maria

1 - 5 of 5 Posts