Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple days Ive had this tenderness and soreness in a rib on my left side kind of near the bra line but a little lower. The pain is really superficiial as if it's coming from the rib itself. During the day it's more manageable cause I can keep myself out of the positions that make it hurt for the most part, but at night it's awful! I guess my body forgets and rolls in positions that hurt. Its really tender to the touch. I'm 38 weeks.<br><br>
Anything I can do? Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Yup. I'm 35 weeks and it started around 31. I had the same thing the last pregnancy in the same spot. Just under my ribs on the left. It's either pressure from the uterus or from little feet digging them into my ribs.<br><br>
Fortunately it only bugs at night and only if I lay on that side. I've woken a couple of times to intense burning in the area if I've accidentally flipped that way.<br><br>
It sucks but delivery of baby is the only thing that will make it go away.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Same thing. It happened with my first, but is worse now. It hurts so badly at time, especially at work and then when I lay on my side at night. If you feel around, you may notice how very far apart your rib cage is at this point. Sometimes it even may feel numb. For me it is not so much the baby kicking, but the uterus is so large now and I carry so very high (it looks so funny!) I found a heating pad helped a bit (not too hot). One of the doctors in my practice (the one I will run away from if she is the attendant at the birth) said to take Tylenol. Whatever. That only helps for so long. Try a heating pad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts