Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it normal that my baby usually only kicks, jabs, or whatever the babe is doing in there on my right side....?

i hardly ever feel any movement on my left side.....

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just be glad it's not your left side! Mine was constantly kicking my left side all week last week, and I'm sure that is what totally liquified the contents of my bowels for 5 days straight.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I have a right-sider too. The last few days she's favored the region a few inches above my belly button but I've never felt her on my left side. It could have something to do with where your placenta sits. Mine is anterior and a lot of it is on the left so it helps cushion some of the blows.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Mine is like that, too. She's head down, with her back along my left side & the placenta is also on the left...so there's really only one area for her to be kicking!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Be thankful you onlly have one right sider! Both of mine would like that position and fight over it constantly!

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlyShellandKai
Sounds like my lil one.. He likes to lay transverse sometimes which feels soo comfortable for me when he is digging his feet into my sides

Michele
That's what this baby does. Yeouch!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
When he's on the side, it's always left for me. Same with DS#1, oddly enough. Both seem to like the same positions! Mostly though, he's sitting in the middle, head down and punching my bladder.
It's at night when I lay on my left side that I sometimes feel some little punches there on the very far left.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
*waves* I have a right side baby too! Not only does she kick mostly over there (with her little feet up under my ribs to kick at my liver!) but sometimes her whole body is off to the right- as in, my belly only bulges on one side. It looks very strange.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I am feeling slightly left out, as I feel movement mostly on the left side!

My stretch marks are even higher on that side.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That is so bizarre that so many of us have right siders! Mine is the same way! And he will settle his whole body on the right, too, making my tummy bulge out on the one side. Is it something about October babies?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Just ringin' in with another right side vote.
I feel most of the movement on the right, but recently started feeling big pushes at the top, too. Fun - not painful yet, thankfully. However, I think the babe was kickin my back earlier today. UGH!!!! Hope s/he doesn't like that cause I SURE didn't!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts