Mothering Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

This giveaway has ended and our winner is clovergirl! Congrats to her and a big thanks to all of our participants and our giveaway sponsor Strider Bikes!

Happy New Year! What are your plans for 2015? Are you making any resolutions to be a better you? We want to hear from you and give you a chance to win a Green STRIDER 12 Sport No-Pedal Balance Bike for toddlers 18 months-5 years - a $119 value!

The 12 Sport model offers every feature a child (or parent) could want with custom grips, padded saddle, handlebar pad, and quick release clamps (no-tool adjustment). It is the perfect balance of performance, options, and value. More than eight years of design evolution and manufacturing improvements all packaged into one model. In addition, it comes with a second padded saddle and extra long seat post to fit a taller, 3- 5 year old child.

STRIDER(TM) balance bikes are industry-leading training bikes that help children as young as 18 months learn to ride on two wheels. STRIDER balance bikes focus on the fundamentals of balancing, leaning, and steering without the distractions and complications of pedals or training wheels. The STRIDER's simple, no-pedal design builds confidence and eliminates fear by allowing kids to have their feet on the ground and progress at their own pace. This unique design teaches young children balance on two wheels right from the start, avoiding developmental delays typical with tricycles and training-wheel bikes.

As a Mom who wants to exercise, you are faced with a dilemma: either you can exercise (walk and push your kid in stroller -note that the toddler is strapped in and gets NO exercise) OR take your toddler to the park to play and you get to sit on a bench and watch them (no exercise for you).

With STRIDER Bikes, a Mom and her child can exercise together as they take to the bike trails, over grass, dirt or even a single track in a nearby park. And the icing on top? Your STRIDER Rider will sleep well and nap longer - meaning even more free time for Mom AND your toddler has developed healthy exercise habits and has witnessed Mom exercising too. How much better can it get?

Testimonial: "I can sum up our Strider in one word: Freedom! Freedom to pursue fitness with my kids. We've pursued it so much, in fact, that Tracy and I figure Reagan has put
approximately 1,000 miles on his bike since we gave it to him for his second birthday in March 2010. We've since added a brake and higher seat post. It looks rough, but I like to think of it as well-loved." (STRIDER Rider Mom)

HOW TO ENTER

FIRST ENTRY
Like Strider and Mothering on Facebook and then leave a comment below to let us know you have done so (if you do not have a Facebook account please find another way to follow Strider, such as via Twitter, Google + or their newsletter before leaving your comment here on Mothering)

ADDITIONAL ENTRIES
Post your New Year's Resolution for 2015. You may post as many resolutions as you wish but each resolution should be posted as a separate post. Each one will be counted as a separate entry. The more resolutions you share with us the more chances you have to win!

HOW DO I ENTER?
To post an entry you need to be a logged-in member of the Mothering Community Forum. You can easily sign up with an account and it only takes a minute to get full posting access. This will allow us to have the contact info we will need to get in touch with you in case you win.

RULES
Prize delivery address must be within the continental US. Giveaway ends Jan 1st and the winner will be drawn randomly and announced on this thread.

ABOUT STRIDER
STRIDER balance bikes are industry-leading training bikes that help toddlers and children of all abilities and as young as 18 months learn to ride on two wheels. STRIDER balance bikes focus on the fundamentals of balancing, leaning, and steering without the distractions and complications of pedals or training wheels. The STRIDER?s simple, no-pedal design builds confidence and eliminates fear by allowing kids to have their feet on the ground and progress at their own pace. This unique design teaches young children balance on two wheels right from the start, avoiding developmental delays typical with tricycles and training-wheel bikes. Check out all the great bikes and biking products at Strider.com

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Liked BOTH on Facebook

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have resolved to finally eat like a skinny person. I.e. choose salad over burgers when applicable.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm resolved to make it to the end of 2015 still breastfeeding. Or until I get pregnant again, whichever comes first. :grin:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm resolved to get the kitchen tidy every night. Not cleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean, just, you know, clean enough.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm resolved to read the Bible more often. I tried every day last year and I just can't hack it right now, so, I am shooting for five days a week. I'm memorizing a lot so this is separately actually reading through.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm resolved to memorize the next six and a half chapters of first Samuel. I only got through one and a half total in the last two years but I am not pregnant for once so there is hope :) I love having a good excuse to write scripture all over the house.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm resolved to fully potty train my oldest this year. She will be four and a half by 2016, it will be high time :crying: she's growing up so fast!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm resolved to teach my second child the alphabet in English and Hebrew. Her older sister learned this year and she has them partly down.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm resolved to rearrange the living room. It's been four years and two more children. It's time. I need a desk, the girls need a place to play.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm resolved to log into Facebook at least once every other month to update my in laws. I loathe Facebook. I was going to resolve something about going on mothering.com less but who am I kidding I love this crowd.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm resolved to lose the pregnancy weight, I have lost nine of the 45 pounds, 36 to go!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm resolved to have all Christmas gifts except for grandparents bought and wrapped by the end of black Friday weekend. I'm three for three successful attempt s at this so, very pumped to try again. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I resolve to finish a draft of my novel and submit it to an agent by the end of 2015! Now that my kids are a bit older, it's time for me to go back to my creative pursuits!

Allyson

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.