Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using anti fungal for almost a month now according to the directions. I even added TTO a few times. I can still see the rash even though it no longer itches (the rash is faded but you can still see the bumps). I'm scared that if I stop treating it, it will come back. Should I see the doctor at this point? Stop treating it to see how it goes? Just use TTO? Do something else? TIA!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi, where is the ringworm on your body? I do know with antibiotics you have to see it all the way through or it could come back. But since that is not working completely for you, while you are doing the antibiotics I would continue with the Tea Tree Oil but do it more frequently. I have had excellent success with it. I had ringworm on my scalp and I rubbed TTO onto all the patches several times (at least 3 or 4) a day and it took a few days but this got rid of it. I put it on every chance I got. Since it was my scalp I also put some drops in my shampoo before washing my hair.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Lori View Post
Hi, where is the ringworm on your body? I do know with antibiotics you have to see it all the way through or it could come back. But since that is not working completely for you, while you are doing the antibiotics I would continue with the Tea Tree Oil but do it more frequently. I have had excellent success with it. I had ringworm on my scalp and I rubbed TTO onto all the patches several times (at least 3 or 4) a day and it took a few days but this got rid of it. I put it on every chance I got. Since it was my scalp I also put some drops in my shampoo before washing my hair.
Its on my rib cage. Maybe i should use the TTO more often, but I loathe the smell and have only used it at night.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
We have a tried and true cure for ring worm, it works every time!

Get some perscription strength Iodine.You might be able to get some from your family doc, but I most vets (the animal kind
). Should sell or give you a small amount. You will only need a cup or so. On clean skin (no anti fungals, TTO, ect, just dry fresh bathed skin) soak a cotton ball/piece of cloth/Qtip, in the iodine and gently rub it over the spot of ring worm and all the way around it, making sure to go over the edge (onto the "good" skin) about a 1/2 inch. Let the iodine dry before covereing with clothes. Do this everyother day for about a week. I will absolutly get rid of ringworm. You can also use TTO on it the off nights, but I really have not seen any difference in it.

WARNING!!! The Iodine will stain!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
When I had ringworm, along with all my family and friends, it lasted for months. My father gave us Bacitracin to put on it.

Good news is, you will never get it again after this.

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post
When I had ringworm, along with all my family and friends, it lasted for months.
Yeah, that.

I had ringworm as a child, and I remember it being months. My mother would put the cream on morning and night. It was on the back of my heel/ankle, right where my shoes rubbed.

I'd at least stick with the cream for another month or so, as long as it isn't spreading.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessmcg View Post
We have a tried and true cure for ring worm, it works every time!

Get some perscription strength Iodine.You might be able to get some from your family doc, but I most vets (the animal kind
). Should sell or give you a small amount. You will only need a cup or so. On clean skin (no anti fungals, TTO, ect, just dry fresh bathed skin) soak a cotton ball/piece of cloth/Qtip, in the iodine and gently rub it over the spot of ring worm and all the way around it, making sure to go over the edge (onto the "good" skin) about a 1/2 inch. Let the iodine dry before covereing with clothes. Do this everyother day for about a week. I will absolutly get rid of ringworm. You can also use TTO on it the off nights, but I really have not seen any difference in it.

WARNING!!! The Iodine will stain!
Going to try this now...stupid ringworm won't go away! And we have 2 huge bottle of surgical grade iodine

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
When we adopted my cat from the shelter, as a 5 month old, she had one remaining ring around the tip of her tail. They told us she was almost healed, and she would never get it again, but if she is exposed again she could carry it and pass it along to others.

About 10 months later, she had her kittens. They all got bad cases of it, and so did all of we kids at that time. I remember treating the rings, and I remember new rings appearing. Eventually, new ones stopped forming, and it was just a matter of waiting out the old ones. We basically kept them moist. I know we picked at them when they peeled. The vet gave us a shampoo for the kittens, and they were getting daily baths in the kitchen sink. They would fall asleep from the warm water. To this day, they like water.

When the ones on us kids healed, we had no scars or marks. The kittens had no marks or hairless spots either. But, now that my cat is getting old (she will be 14 in June), she is getting a little gray in a ring on the tip of her tail right where her ring had been.

I remember that it took months for all the rings to go away on us. I don't think we made much effort to treat it, other than keeping it moist.

In my previous post, I said we used Bacitracin. I am not so sure now if that is what I was remembering. I know it had the consistency just like Vaseline, but had an anti-bacterial component. Is that Bacitracin? I'm bad with medicine names because for a decade I have refused to use any of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.