Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been battling ringworm for over a month now. The cat goes back to the rescue people tomorrow! If they can get it cleared up, we can get him back, but I can't live like this anymore. I have 5 lesions and a rash on the back of my head. This is not fun stuff! At least no one else in the family has it. (What does that say about <i>my</i> immune system?) Yeah for EBF!<br><br>
Does anyone have advice on sanitizing my house? I heard something about a diluted bleach solution for hardwoods, but what about dining room rugs, or regular carpet? Tea tree oil is helping my lesions, but it seems like that would be terribly expensive to get enough to clean the whole house. I'm planning a massive cleaning after tomorrow. Can you say "laundry?"<br><br>
Thanks for any tips.<br>
Dawn

·
Registered
464 Posts
My cats had to take an oral med for a long time to clear up ringworm. We did go w/the bath first, but they still had to take the med.<br><br>
I have never heard of any advice on sanitizing to eliminate ringworm. I thought it was spread through direct contact.<br><br>
Sorry to respond to your ? w/another ?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Our rescue cat also had ringworm (but please don't that discourage you from adopting a homeless pet...the ringworm thing is rare)...<br><br>
We gave him yellow Program---a flea pill that is used off label to get rid of ringworm too.<br>
I ordered it online....then gave him a half a pill once and then again two weeks later. Then the ringworm showed back up several months later so I repeated the process. Now it seems to be gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts