Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am celebrating. I have been dreading informing my parents that we are delaying vaccinations for our 12 week old until at least 2 years (if not forever). I was anticipating a huge argument. My mom is a very conventional RN who has done newborn intensive care and has also worked in a pediatrician's office. Instead of arguing with me, she completely supported my decision. She stated that she felt the vaccine schedule was ridiculous, saw horrible reactions to vaccines when she worked in the office, knows that pediatricians bully/scare their patients into compliance, and knows they go along with whatever the CDC says without any real reflection/research. She also stated that she is certain about the mercury/autism link because she saw it happen so many times and saw the peds deny it. Finally, she stated that when she worked with the pediatrician, there were fewer vaccines than now, and even then it was far too much.<br><br>
I can't believe we haven't had this conversation before. I blindly fully vaccinated my first son (though on a delayed schedule because even my uninformed mommy intuition told me that so many at once was a bad idea).

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
That's wonderful!<br><br>
And I'm sure she feels relieved too - I wonder if she wanted to say something to you a long time ago, but thought you would think <i>she</i> were the crazy one instead of the other way around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts