Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am absoultely horrified. We moved to a new house in MAY. We DID NOT have roaches at out old house and never seen them here when we moved in. I am almost positive iw ould have seen them for we spent weeks painting , flooring, etc etc you knw hte routine cleaning and such we\hen you move into a new house. Well last night my DH yells at me fro mthe both room a ROACH ran across the counter. I have not seen anything else any where in the house I just emptied the cupborads and moved the stove and fridge looking for these NASTY critters. I will NOT tolerate having them. I dont know much about them but i have heard if you have 1 you have more. WHERE oh WHERE did they come from. I live in the country on lots of land and NO neighbors for miles I am a fanatic about clean a traite passed on by my obsessive compulsive mother lol
: . So any mommies that have had experience with this Could some one have brought them in. Could i have brought one home in a box. I recieved a box from ebay could there have been a stow away? Where should i look for evidence of more and what can i do to get rid of any lingering pest cause there friend got smashed and FLUSHED.
HELP HELP HELP

thanks Amy

·
Registered
212 Posts
OMG, I can relate. we have had them too, we have a new house, and have had a big problem. they seem to be around our deck, and get in. I have tried borax at the door frames, and that works a little bit. the ONLY think that worked for us was having the house sprayed religiously once a month until htey were gone. they are horrible. I feel your pain. yuck yuck. I think they like dark, damp places, like under the sink, washer/dryer, etc.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does your deck have to do with it? We just built a deck. I just emptied all my cabniets and under my sink I didnt see a thing. I even come out in the kitchen last night with a flask light and didnt see anything
: I know some people say you can bring htem home from the store ina box etc could this be it?

My basement is damp coupld this be the problem I live in a 1840 farm house and the basement is snadstone so it stays some what wet.

I dont want to spray yet those chemicals cant be good. But damn where did they come from UGGGHHH.

thanks
amy

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
My apartment was sprayed for roaches(the entire building was sprayed) almost a week ago now. I have no choice as the entire complex was sprayed. I opened all the windows to air it all out, bagged all linens, toys, and clothing ahead of time to keep them safe, and washed EVERYTHING down afterwards. For the price of a large cheese pizza and a case of beer, I got my brother and a friend to come help me wash my house. It was totally worth it. No chemicals in the carpets or the walls or toys. I'm happy and roach-free!!!!!
Meg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.