Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the scoop? W/ds1 I had robeez, but now I'm hearing raves about preschoolians. Ds2 is on the verge of walking, he's cruising at home & likes to walk holding my hands, so it's time to get some shoes for outside time.

Which shoe do you prefer?

Why?

Where'd you get them?

If you know of a different, soft-soled alternative, what is it?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
we've had both. we got DS some preschoolians when he got pretty steady walking... like 15 months... we got the kind called "i'm walking barefoot" i think?? it is certainly more protection than robeez. he's often walking on gravel and there is the occasional nail around, so i felt better with him having a bit more protective sole. that said, he did use robeez outside for the first few months of walking and he didn't seem to mind it!

other soft-soled shoes...
for leather soles, i know soft star are supposed to be great
for harder soles with a lot of flexibility - see kai run and pedoodles are the brands i've heard of, but we've only tried preschoolians.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We still have DD in Robeez or other soft soled shoes indoors (at 2) but she loves her Pedoodles. They are very soft leather and the style she wears has fit for a long time since it holds her foot in place. My friend has the red bowlers for her little boy and he adores them too. I haven't tried Pre-scoolians but have seen the 'see Kai run' brand in person and they are VERY nice. Not sure on the fit and they are more money. Good luck!

Stacy

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a friend who is a podiatrist and she uses StrideRites for he son outside and Robeez inside. She said the best thing is for them to learn how to walk in barefeet or soft soled shoes and then when they are able to walk well unassisted you can buy them the harder soled shoe.
I think that it is all personal preferance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.