Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
OMG you can't be serious...

I know there are lots of intelligent, christian momma's on this board. Do you *really* believe that your god does stuff like that? Or is this just a "fringe" thing? or what?? I'm truly not trying to be disrespectful, I just don't understand this mindset. Please help me to understand because I just don't get it.

Lo

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Well that's shocking. Pardon me while I pick myself up off the floor.

Man, Pat's God is petty. Doesn't get his way and starts cooking up a natural disaster. Think he's up there with a sticker chart? Wonder how my state is doing. Most definitely not AP behavior.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
A friend of mine just came into my office to tell me about is--funniest thing I've seen in a while.

One thing that came to mind here is that I wonder if he thinks he's helping the proponents of ID. I've actually read arguments that it isn't in any way related to Creationism (which, of course, is a lie, but is also the only way it could be allowed in public school science). This completely undermine that (deceptive) effort. And that's why Pat rules.

·
Registered
12,302 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by djs_girl517
I'm Christian and I think Pat Robertson is a nut-case.

Me too
Robertson and Fallwell make us look like total laughingstocks

They need to shut up!!!!!!!!!
:

·
Registered
556 Posts
I made the mistake of being in the car when this came on via a podcast I'd just downloaded before running out to class.

I had to pull off because I was doubled over with laughter. How can this guy expect any reasonable human being to take him seriously?

Even my funkymentalist, pro ID Dad emailed me with a disbelieving shaking head emoticon as a response. If my Dad thinks he's a space case.... uh oh.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
You know, this would be an interesting study. Let's look at the jurisdictions who have voted for or against ID and see what the death rates are for "natural disasters" in those areas. I have a theory that the "acts of G-d" will be worse in the areas who voted for ID in the public schools.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Man, ol' Pat is on a pretty swift downward spiral lately. He's been sooooo out there with his statements the last couple years, he's losing credibility with his average mainstream follower. I mean, he's still got the bible beaters behind him, but he keeps spouting more and more ridiculous stuff like this, and people are starting to see him for the hate-mongering zealot that he is. He's about as laughable as Fred Phelps these days, IMO.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Quote:
I know there are lots of intelligent, christian momma's on this board. Do you *really* believe that your god does stuff like that?
Creating humans and refusing to intervene even when they're suffering horribly is just as bad as deliberately inflicting disaster on them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.