Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I admit I am not the biggest socialite, but my DD is!
She's having a Rock Band-themed party for her 7th birthday this weekend, and I'm at a loss for fun games. The party is a the YMCA Kid's Gym, so I really would only need a couple of games. DD's bringing a boom box with Rock Band songs (don't worry - I'm deleting the totally inappropriate ones!
)

I thought of karaoke or an air guitar contest, but beyond that, I'm stumped. Any party planners here?

Thanks!
Nichole

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With DH's help, I did figure out some cute things:

1) On RockBand.com, you can print out pictures of your avatar. So I used pictures of DD's avatar on the invites. I also downloaded a Megadeth font, which I used for the invites.

2) A local bakery can put photos on cakes, so I had DD's avatar photo (in front of the Rock Band backdrop) put on the cake. I thought it turned out so cute!
https://flic.kr/p/3462850164
3) For favors, my DD made a mix CD, and I made custom photo labels for them. The kids (and parents) seemed to really like them. I laughed so hard when one of the moms told me she wished she'd done the same thing for her husband, who's also addicted to Rock Band.

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
We had a rock band party last year when my DS turned 8. It was a home party, though.

What we did:
1) When the kids came into the house, they had the option to get their hair spray painted (I checked with parents first to make sure it was okay). So the kids had glittery blue and orange hair. With girls, I suppose you could also offer to paint nails- that's always been a big hit at my girls' birthday parties.

2) I let DS put together a playlist, so there was fun rock music going during the party.

3) We decorated DS's cake with a guitar and music notes

4) The kids played rock band for awhile. We had waaayyy tooo many kids for them all to play at the same time, so they took turns and wandered in and out of the room.

ETA 5) We made a pinata. DS made it himself and didn't know what he was doing, so it turned out looking like a huge easter egg, LOL. But we drew guitars and music themed pictures on the pinata, which sort of added to the theme.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.