Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm currently faced with the above decision, lucky me. I've read so much lately about how unhealthy root canals are...is it better just to extract the tooth? It's a possibility since it's the last molar, and not in between.

We are ttc, and I'm not into all the x-raying that goes along with the root canal among other things.

Any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't have words of wisdom, but we just went through this with our 3 year old. SUCH a hard thing!! I decided on extraction, with the possibility of the root canal not working, could absess, crown could chip, etc. Now, the teeth are gone and it is sad, but we are looking into a kiddie partial to give him some teeth.
How old is your little one?

Good luck! I never thought I would be so emotional over little teeth!!

Suzy

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I've had to make this decision twice (once being yesterday) both times I went with extraction. First, root canals are pretty expencive, and according to most dentists only expected to last about 5-10 years. I'd rather just save my money, pay the $120 and get rid of the tooth. I can always get an implant later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.