Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can read some basic, relevant info regarding her childhood, family, and career here:
Wikipedia: Roseanne

She's going to be speaking on Child Abuse this wednesday, for those who may be interested in calling in to discuss circumcision of male and female children:

Time: Wednesday, November 1st at 7:00 P.M. (PST)
Number to Call: 1-877-900-0123
Topic: Child Abuse and Mental Illness

More information available at Roseanne World Blog

To prevent this thread from being "removed for moderator review" again, please review Cynthia Mosher's guidelines regarding religious discussion: Religious Discussion in this Forum

Jen

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
I hope she listens..that's all I gotta say...

I heard she can be pretty darned stubborn though.

I can't call that number because I'm out of the USA....

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here previous call-in show looks interesting and potentially relevant...I haven't watched it yet though because the audio of her guest is very soft and I'm probably going to need the house quiet or to wear headphones to listen to it.

Jen

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
Squee! Roseanne is now a friend on my MySpace. I have hopes for that crazy old broad (speaking from one to another
). A person whose first priority is fighting child abuse has got to be willing to listen to reason. Fingers crossed!

(Love ya, Roseanne!)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot to bump it yesterday, sorry. Did anyone call? Her blog site says...

Quote:
ALL ABUSERS WERE VICTIMS FIRST.
There are no innocent adults.
She also talked a lot about healing the world/humanity and ending the suffering of the world's children.

Jen

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
i think that it is important to note that a person is Jewish when we are looking for advocates.

There are real SENSITIVITY issues that should be considered before she is approached! It also helps people to know what kind of approach to take with her....

·
Registered
22,154 Posts
Just a friendly remind to keep the religious talk out of this forum
This is valuable information your sharing, so let's keep on topic

Any questions? Feel free to PM me

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
For those who may be a little nervous about going on air to speak live, there are other ways of communicating via her site. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
hehe, that was kind of funny...in a sort of disturbing way. It certainly sounds like she may be open to the idea

1 - 13 of 13 Posts