Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my DS has what looks to be roseola. He had a small fever last week late in the week, but it was mild like 99-ish. He then got a rash all over. My neighbor is a nurse and said that's what it looks like. He seems just fine, so I haven't bothered with the ped, because she's super busy, plus my mama gut says he's fine as he acts completely normal, except for the rash. I did give him ibuprofen due to the fact he's also teething, so that could have knocked the fever out. Everything I've read is that this just takes it's course, except some children get febrile seizures from the fever, but his was totally gone before the rash.<br><br>
Anybody else's kiddo get roseola without the higher fever? I'm just curious.

·
Registered
192 Posts
DD's was 102, then 100 the next night. I only noticed it at night. She seemed fine other than that though, then got the rash a couple days later. Tylenol took the fever down I think - we all went to sleep after the medicine both nights.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
My babies always had really high fevers with roseola. The rash appears AFTER the fever has broken (usually). If your son had a 99 degree fever AFTER you administered the ibuprofen it is likely that his fever would have been higher. How aften were you giving him the fever reducer? It sounds to me like it is roseola and since it is viral, there really is nothing that the ped can do. The rash will resolve soon and he will have a stronger little immune system!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How long did the rash last?<br><br>
Well I was giving him fever reducer/pain relief on and off due to his teething. I noticed he felt warm, so I took his temp and it was 99-ish. He's been a wreck for the last week or so.

·
Registered
976 Posts
DS just got over Roseola last week- his rash lasted two days and was mild. His fever however was pretty high 100-103 for four days and would get down to 98-101 with ibuprofen. The other obvious symptom was that he was soooo tired during the day and would just fall asleep on me when I picked him up, even though he was playing energetically a minute before.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Ds just had roseola last week too. He had a fever for 2 days then it broke & he got the rash a couple days later. It just happened we had a dr. appt that day otherwise I wouldn't have put the fever & the rash together as related. The rash really only lasted just over a day.

·
Registered
363 Posts
DD (1 next week) had roseola last week and her fever was high high 101-103.9 and the rash started after the fever broke. It may also be strep throat, which can turn into scarlett fever, which is going around here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts