Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/article/2441315

Comedienne Rosie O'Donnell banned her partner Kelli Carpenter from breastfeeding their daughter Vivienne just a few weeks after she was born--because she was jealous of their bonding sessions.

Kelli gave birth to Vivienne in 2002, and the lesbian couple have been raising her along with their three other adopted children.

But O'Donnell admits she felt left out of the motherhood process whenever she observed her partner nursing their child.

She says, "Kelli only nursed for like a month and then I was very angry.

"With the other babies, nobody nursed because they were adopted. But with this baby she was the only one getting to bond, so I was like, 'The nursing is over!' I cut her off.

"I'm like, 'You've had your limit, honey, no more!'"

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I had heard about this but never read those quotes… What a sorry b*&^% she is! Too bad her own feelings are more important than the health and well being of her child! There were NO other ways for her to bond? Get real.
:

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
That sucks.

::thinks:: hmmm--my DS was raised in poverty, so just to be fair, I'll raise any future kids I have in poverty as well. Even though I am in a much better position now financially than I have been.
:

Really.....what a doof!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
As if there aren't other ways to bond.
: My DH is very much attached and bonded to our DD and he didn't nurse. (And if he ever ordered me to stop, like Rosie did to her wife, his ass would of been out on the curb.)

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
PSA: check out threads in breastfeeding S&A, there was a link to Rosie's blog and you can send her comments.......
this all goes along with The View and Barbra Walters idiocy and the NYC nurse-in by the fabulous MDC moms!!!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
She made some comments a few years ago when her show was on that struck me the wrong way regarding ap, don't remember what but it made me stop watching her show. She's a ding-dong imo.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I actually like Rosie and have talked to her several times by phone a little over 5 years ago. I find this incredibly sad and ignorant though of her. She is not big on AP, and thought that homebirthing was nuts even though she admits she was fascinated by it.
I think her partner needs to grow some ovaries and tell Rosie to go F herself in regards to breastfeeding if they have anymore children together. I've breastfed and my husband has never felt left out of the bonding process.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts