Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For bake goods, does it have to be eaten only on one day or can it be eaten on a few days to finish the batch?

Like today, I did buckwheat pancakes( 1 cup of buckwheat flour, a cup of mix rice flour, eggs, rice milk). So can she eat this again tommorrow or in 2 days or do we need to wait until day 5?

tia

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
You need to wait until day 5 since none of those is on your rotation for tomorrow or the next day or any other day besides this one. Eating it on a day it's not on sort of misses the point.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what can I do for bread? I guess that`s the same. She can`t eat it 3 days in a row, right?

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
No, she can't.
Some people freeze baking in single day portions then remove it when they need to for it to be ready when they want/need it.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I guess I need to research for 4 dif types of bread, eh?

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
So I guess I need to research for 4 dif types of bread, eh?

Thanks for your help.
Yeah.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can the food item be every 2 days or it needs to be every 4 days or later?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Yeah.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Oh, you`re not. Just helping me processing a good menu for dd3.

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
4 or longer. Delayed reactions can take 72 hours to show up, so the idea is to give one day of rest to the immune system between exposures. hope that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
If you need a bread-like thing, consider idlis, just fermented lentils (specifically urad dal, a split lentil available in Indian groceries) and rice (or possibly another grain would work just as well).

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.co...-ix-idlis.html

Describes how to make them. If you like them, a 4-tier idli steamer is about $10 at an Indian grocery store (in the US) and steaming gives a nice texture.

There are also fermented teff pancake-type things, just teff flour and water... I'm blanking on the name, but again, just one grain so it's easier to rotate.

And if you're eating corn, corn tortillas are somewhat bread-like depending on what you want them to do.

And then you're left with an actual bread with a few other flours--most of the GF bread recipes I've read are pretty flexible in terms of the types of flours. I mean--starchy flours (cornstarch, tapioca, potato starch) sub fairly well for each other, and then the regular flours (sorghum, teff, rice, quinoa, haven't used buckwheat but I think it would be like these) would sub well for each other.

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
There are also fermented teff pancake-type things, just teff flour and water... I'm blanking on the name, but again, just one grain so it's easier to rotate.
Injera.

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
Our buckwheat waffles/pancakes are freezable, so they can have them on the next rotation day. We freeze some of every chocolate chip cookie batch. We don't do "bread" every day. Though I do make tortillas some days. And I make sandwich bread some days. And I make pizza once in a while. We certainly don't have a "bread" type thing every day. We work around it.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for more info!!!

I`m still working on the rotation to see what she can eat on what day.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is sweet patato in the nightshade group or is it in another? I can`t find it oon the list that I have.

tia

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's my final review of dd3's rotation diet. i may change things as we go thru the diet and see what works better together than what is on it now.

day 1:
Chicken; Rice; Apples; raspberries; strawberries; blueberries; Carrots; celery; cauliflower; broccoli; cabbage; Rice flour

day 2:
Pork; Rice; Pears; cherry; nectarine; peach, plum; mango; Lettuce; sunflowers(& oil); chives; asparagus; garlic; leeks; onion; shallot; sweet patato, pistachios

Day 3:
Beef; Rice; Banana; watermelon; cantaloupe; honey dew; pineapple; Zukes; squash; cukes; string beans(yellow and green); Chickpeas, kidney bean, lentil, peanuts, nany beans, blackeye beans; guar gum; carob

Day 4:
Turkey; Rice; Orange; tangerine; blueberries; cranberries; Green, red and yellow peppers; patato; buckwheat

I haven't decided when to eat honey, maple syrup and maple sugar, coconut oil, flaxseed or any spices.

Whatcha' think about it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.