Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have been avoiding going on a rotation diet because I've felt that it would really complicate (and add a lot of time to) food prep. However, I finally got back the rest of DD's allergy testing results, and she showed "equivocal" (i.e. somewhere between undetectable and clinically significant positive) levels of IgE to egg and potato (and elevated - for her age - total IgE of 34), as well as "very low" grade IgG reactions to about half of the 20 common-allergy foods that her ped ordered tested. So this makes me think that if I had more foods tested, she would probably show low levels of IgG reactions to a LOT more of them, and maybe I just need to bite the bullet and go on a rotation diet. I'm pretty confused, though, because I feel like we have pretty much reached baseline by just avoiding foods that she has had clear reactions to (dairy, gluten, eggs, corn, and soy), but some of the foods that she showed IgG reactions to (like beef, pork, and chocolate) are still in our diets and don't seem to affect her.

If I were to start with an elimination diet, I'm not sure I would see much of a difference compared to where we are now, except *maybe* longer stretches of sleep at night (but we are really not doing too badly, for a co-sleeping 13mo). So could I skip straight to a rotation diet that focuses mainly on low-allergen foods? Does anyone have a recommendation of a good one to start with?

We are also doing gut-healing and homeopathy, but I just want to make sure we are not preventing healing by always eating the same foods and increasing chances of her reacting to more foods in the future.

Thanks,
Jenn

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
We're doing a rotation diet (since June). Actually the rotation diet made the few leftover allergens in their diet EASIER to detect (especially things that I didn't "think" were causing a reaction). If you PM me, I can give you ours so you have an idea what days to do what (food families should be kept together). I just added back a new food last night to DS and DD2 and things look good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.